SHOULDERS & BACK
Top 3 Butt Building Exercises you may not have thought of
Aim to do exercises with 3 sets of 10 reps. This can be adjusted to suit your current plan.
Weighted Donkey Kicks
So you may feel (and possibly look) like a donkey when performing this move, but trust me it’s a killer! Working your booty, legs, and core this move is a secret all-rounder.
- Grab yourself a mat and set up under the smith machine bar.
- Get yourself on all fours, ensuring your hands are shoulder-width apart and your knees are below your hips.
- Still kneeling, reach one leg back and place the bottom of your foot onto the bar above.
- Keeping your core tight and your back straight, push the bar up at a 90-degree angle until your foot is parallel to the ceiling.
- Lower back down and repeat (then change legs)
Cable pull through
This move requires a level of bravery in the gym and you may want to prepare yourself for some strange looks! HOWEVER, cable pull throughs are a great way to build that butt.
- Set up the rope attachment to the cable machine and set it up on one of the lower level settings.
- Standing a few feet from, face away from the machine.
- Straddle the rope with your feet wide apart and take a grip on the rope (one side in each hand).
- Begin to reach through your legs, bending at the hips. Keeping your knees bent slightly, extend the rope through your legs back towards the machine and then bring it back through... SQUEEZE
Ahh, hip thrusts! One of the best ways to increase glute size, improve glute strength and encourage a higher, rounder bottom!
- Set up the barbell with an appropriate weight parallel to your bench.
- Position yourself in between the barbell and the bench, sliding your legs under the barbell (use a barbell pad if needed).
- Using the bench as support, place your elbows on the edge of the bench and your hands either side of your legs, onto the barbell.
- Driving through your heels and feet, lift the barbell off of the floor using your hips and glutes, squeezing at the top.
- Come back down slowly and repeat.